The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, or gives you a sense of meaning, joy, or passion.” — Terry Orlick
I love that quote! It is so true – discovering your purpose in life, letting go of the things that no longer serve you and embracing the things that do, will give you a reason to get up every day and this is pure happiness. I think it all begins with celebrating you! Discovering that passion by making sure you are in the right mindset.
Here are my top ways to celebrate me – every day. It is time to stop putting yourself at the bottom of the pile and to stop saving things for a special occasion. You are here now and every day you are on this earth should be valued and celebrated!
Here are my top 5 ways of celebrating me, every day.
- Sleep routine – make sure you go to bed and wake up at the same time. Get into the habit of turning your phone off, keeping it out of the bedroom. If you have a television in your bedroom, remove it.
- Eat healthy food, food that nourishes you. If you’re wondering what that looks like. Eat as many colours as you can. The non-processed kind. What does processed food look like? Read this. Drink plenty of water
- Move your body. If you’re in pain the best thing for you to do is to move. Stretch it over pushing it. I much prefer a good stretch, for example, yoga over something that is going to be hard on my body. Exercise should not be a punishment, it is to celebrate that you have a body that moves. It’s designed for it. So now use it.
- Clean up your environment. What I mean by this is to clean up your space around you. Your car, your home, your workplace. Is it cluttered and disorganized? Give yourself the gift of a clean space and celebrate you. Hire outside help if you need it – don’t feel guilty!
- Detox your friend’s list. Do you have people around you that make you feel guilty for not calling them? Does seeing that person stress you out? Some people come into our lives and they are there forever because of mutual love, interests, and enjoyment. Others come into our lives perhaps at a time when you need them, and unfortunately, you may grow apart or your mutual interests change. These people served a time and a place and it’s now time to let them go so they grow in another direction. Look at it this way, you might also be holding them back because they’re growing in a way that’s not aligned with you anymore. Your paths crossed and now it’s time to move on. You can love some people from a distance and this also includes family members too.
In summary, in order to move forward in your life, you need to change your mindset, let go of people or situations that no longer serve you and truly sit down with yourself for a long-overdue talk. Make a plan, a routine. Work on disconnecting yourself from old grudges. Get healthy by eating nutritious foods – move that body! Get out into nature. Turn off the electronics when you go to bed. Perhaps open the window and listen to the night sounds (hopefully not a busy freeway!!). Think back to times in your life when you truly felt happy – what is different now? Make positive changes and seek help if you need it.